In today’s episode we are glad to have the wonderful Vivian Chan as a guest to talk about her journey overcoming obstacles with entrepreneurship. Like many people out there, Vivian used to be toiling away at a job and barely making ends meet for several years, before deciding to jump and start a business out of her own home. Without any capital or prior business experience, Vivian now proudly runs 3 businesses and has never looked back.
Listen to learn more about the challenges she has overcome and the actions she took to get to where she is today. Who knows, you might one day break the vicious cycle and start taking control of your own life.
In today’s episode, you will learn about:
- Vivian’s difficult childhood growing up
- How Vivian struggled with academics and how her teachers treated her
- The various odd jobs that Vivian worked after taking her ‘O’ levels
- Why Vivian got involved with Muay Thai
- How Vivian manages to balance a schedule of 3 part time jobs, full time school, and muay thai training
- The steps that Vivian took to start her first business
- How Vivian dealt with the worries and doubts of her family and peers
- How Vivian leveraged her prior skills to build her second and third businesses
- What Vivian looks out for in an entrepreneur
- The role that Vivian thinks entrepreneurs play, and the role that she sees herself playing in society
- Why the distinction between enthusiasm vs. passion matters, and
- Why you should try to live a life with no regrets.
Special thanks to Vivian Chan for taking time out of her busy schedule for the interview. If you would like to learn more about her, you can visit the following links below: